Magnifi Financial Foundation®
SUPPORTING OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES
The Magnifi Financial Foundation® funds initiatives that make a
significant long-term impact on the betterment of Magnifi Financial Credit Union’s members and the
communities we serve.
Scroll down for more information.
Make a donation a $10 donation to the Magnifi Foundation.
Businesses can also join by donating $50 to Magnifi Foundation.
About Magnifi Financial FoundationThe Foundation has the unique position of being backed by a credit union with over 80,000 members, over 400 employees, and a vast field of membership throughout Minnesota and into North Dakota and Wisconsin. With this strength, the Foundation directly invests in initiatives that enhance the lives of members and communities.
Supporting Local Communities & Initiatives
- St. Cloud, MN schools: $5,000
Small community police departments submitted requests for donations with a description of the project the donation would fund. The Foundation was able to donate to the following police organizations:
- Albany Police Department: $1,000
- Belgrade Police Department: $500
- Moorhead Police Department: $1,000
- Long Prairie Police Department: $1,000
- Osakis Police Department: $1,000
- Paynesville Police Department: $500
- Wadena Police Department: $500
A matching donation was made to Coborn's Cancer Center: $1,300
Six area fire departments submitted a letter requesting funds from the Foundation for various department and community needs. The requests were reviewed and based on the Foundation’s mission of funding initiatives that make a significant long-term impact towards the betterment of the credit union’s members and the communities we serve, the funds will be distributed as follows:
- Melrose Fire Department: $1,000
- Long Prairie Fire Department: $1,000
- Albany Fire Department: $1,000
- Holdingford Fire Department: $1,000
- Sauk Centre Fire Department: $1,000
Donations were made to local schools for the purchase of technology for the classrooms. Donations were used to provide further access to using technology to support learning across all educational platforms
- Melrose Area High School (Security): $1,000
- Holdingford High School (Playground): $1,000
- Wadena-Deer Creek High School (Sunshine Program): $1,000
- Long Prairie-Grey Eagle Elementary School (Leveled Reading Program): $1,000
- New London/Spicer Schools (Versa-Balls): $750
- Little Falls High School (Kare Kloset): $750
- Little Falls High School (Special Education Project-Auto Detailing): $500
- Avon Elementary (Robot Technology): $1,000
- Albany Area Middle School (STEM Program): $1,000
Additional funds were distributed to local community organizations:
- Anna Marie’s Alliance: $500
- Habitat for Humanity: $500
The Foundation was pleased to announce the partnership with local schools matching donations up to $5,000 each. The donations benefitted performing arts initiatives.
- Albany Area Schools: $5,000
- BBE Area Schools: $5,000
- Wadena-Deer Creek Area Schools: $5,000
The Foundation was proud to partner with local organizations to provide needed funds to offset the costs of COVID-19 pandemic expenses, equipment, events, registration fees, transportation, uniforms, and various other activities.
- Mother of Mercy Foundation (matching grant with Blattner Energy): $8,500
- Sauk Centre Melrose Area Special Olympics: $1,500
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Minnesota: $5,000
- Empowering Kids Program in Perham: $2,500
- Kinship of Perham Area: $2,500
The Foundation was pleased to offer donations to local organizations which also support their local communities in a variety of needs.
- Nicholas P. Koenig H.E.R.O. Foundation: $5,000
- Hands of Hope Resource Center: $5,000
- Pathways 4 Youth: $5,000
- Someplace Safe: $5,000
Magnifi Financial Foundation was excited to support local organizations with the following community projects:
- Melrose Bridge Project (revamping the park with new playground equipment, upgrades to the trails, a kayak/canoe launch, and a fishing pier): $7,000
- Park Shelter by Ampe Park in Paynesville: $7,000
- Playground at the Lions Park in Sartell: $7,000
- Perham Lions Club installing a public commons area and restroom in downtown Perham: $2,000
Membership in this credit union is composed of those persons who live, work, worship, volunteer, attend school or conduct business in and businesses and other legal entities in: Anoka County, Minnesota; Becker County, Minnesota; Benton County, Minnesota; Carver County, Minnesota; Cass County, North Dakota; Chisago County, Minnesota; Clay County, Minnesota; Crow Wing County, Minnesota; Dakota County, Minnesota; Douglas County, Minnesota; Grant County, Minnesota; Hennepin County, Minnesota; Kandiyohi County, Minnesota; Isanti County, Minnesota; McLeod County, Minnesota; Meeker County, Minnesota; Mille Lacs County, Minnesota; Morrison County, Minnesota; Otter Tail County, Minnesota; Pierce County, Wisconsin; Pope County, Minnesota; Ramsey County, Minnesota; Richland County, North Dakota; Scott County, Minnesota; Sherburne County, Minnesota; Stearns County, Minnesota; St. Croix County, Wisconsin; Todd County, Minnesota; Wadena County, Minnesota; Washington County, Minnesota; Wilkin County, Minnesota; Wright County, Minnesota, and those who are employed by the Soo Line Corporation; the CP Rail System who reside in the United States; employees of Old Dutch Foods; Amtrak; Lakes Gas Company; Office Max in the Dist. Of MN; Kannegiesser Farms, Inc., Hancock, and natural persons who are members of the Magnifi Financial Foundation, Melrose, Minnesota.
Join the Magnifi Family!
At Magnifi, you're not just a member-owner of an award-winning credit union, you become part of the Magnifi family and receive all the benefits and perks you need to succeed financially.