We’ve been made aware of a fraudulent text message that includes “magnifi.financial-mobile-alerts” in the contact name.
Do NOT call the phone number in the text message. Please delete the text message and do not interact.
Magnifi Financial will NEVER ask for your full card number, your PIN or your Digital Banking credentials.
You can check your account by logging in to our secure digital banking platform online or on the mobile app.
If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call our Contact Center directly: (888) 330-8482.
The text messages from an unknown source indicating their Visa cards had been closed or declined. The call back number listed is not associated with Magnifi Financial. When called, the scammer asks for the caller to give them their full debit card number. This is an example of phishing scam in which the scammer tries to trick the recipient into giving personal financial information. Do not respond to these types of texts!
Remember, the credit union will never call, email or text you and then ask for your credit or debit card numbers.
Be mindful of incoming text messages or voice calls and follow these precautions:
- Do not respond to SMS text messages, voice calls, or messages that appear to be about your accounts.
- Instead, call the credit union directly using a reliable phone number to question any SMS text messages or voice calls purportedly from the credit union or about your accounts.
- Never provide personal information, debit card or account details, or online banking credentials in response to incoming SMS text messages, emails or phone calls.
- Avoid clicking on links or calling a telephone number contained within text messages received.
- If you suspect a scam, call the credit union directly at the number listed on your monthly statement.
For more information about fraud scams, visit our fraud center.